A strong or violent outburst, as of emotion or excitement: a storm of tears. Welcome.
Thursday, August 24, 2006
VagPatch
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
Vaginal discharge is a cosmic bummer.
"My story starts 4 years ago. I had intense itching that came out of nowhere. I had no idea what had brought it on. I went to the doctor and he told me I had an allergy to something. He gave me Allegra, which did not help. I went to another doctor. He tells me I have Itch-Scratch disorder. "Don't scratch" was the only word of wisdom I got from him. Well, I could not help this, since I was also scratching in the night and did not realize it. So, I started using extra strength Vagisil to control the itching. I then started to get open sores. I went to the doctor again and this time they said I had herpes. So, they ran a bunch of tests and found out I did not have herpes. All my tests came back normal. The doctors then switch to their usual answer when they don't know what's wrong. "It's all in your head" they told me.
This went on for 4 years. They gave me nothing to control the symptoms, so I kept using the vagisil. Another year later, my skin was so eroded and damaged from the vagisil, I was bed ridden for 3 weeks. The skin was completely eroded, and it felt almost like a burn. So, the doctor tells me It looks like have a flesh eating disease. Either that or it is cancer. He sends me to an oncologist. The oncologist takes one look at my problem, and tells me he had never seen anything like it. The erosion was pretty bad. So, at this point things were so painful that I could not go to work, or even wear underwear. I could not have anything touch the area at all. The oncologist told me to get off the vagisil, and put on zinc oxide. I used the zinc for the first 2 weeks. All the eroded, burnt skin sloughed off after a couple weeks. I was taking vicodin for the pain which helped a little bit.
Then came the itching again. No vagisil this time. I turned to Benadryl allergy pills instead. These have helped immensely! It took away the itch, and I have not had any problems since i have been using it. I feel almost normal again. I guess the moral of this story is not to use vagisil for more than a week, like it says on the tube. It was causing all the erosion. The doctors still don't know what originally caused this infection, so I still don't have a diagnosis. I just wanted to share my story with others, in case other women are having the same problems with Vagisil.
1 comment:
Vaginal discharge is a cosmic bummer.
"My story starts 4 years ago. I had intense itching that came out of nowhere. I had no idea what had brought it on. I went to the doctor and he told me I had an allergy to something. He gave me Allegra, which did not help. I went to another doctor. He tells me I have Itch-Scratch disorder. "Don't scratch" was the only word of wisdom I got from him. Well, I could not help this, since I was also scratching in the night and did not realize it. So, I started using extra strength Vagisil to control the itching. I then started to get open sores. I went to the doctor again and this time they said I had herpes. So, they ran a bunch of tests and found out I did not have herpes. All my tests came back normal. The doctors then switch to their usual answer when they don't know what's wrong. "It's all in your head" they told me.
This went on for 4 years. They gave me nothing to control the symptoms, so I kept using the vagisil. Another year later, my skin was so eroded and damaged from the vagisil, I was bed ridden for 3 weeks. The skin was completely eroded, and it felt almost like a burn. So, the doctor tells me It looks like have a flesh eating disease. Either that or it is cancer. He sends me to an oncologist. The oncologist takes one look at my problem, and tells me he had never seen anything like it. The erosion was pretty bad. So, at this point things were so painful that I could not go to work, or even wear underwear. I could not have anything touch the area at all. The oncologist told me to get off the vagisil, and put on zinc oxide. I used the zinc for the first 2 weeks. All the eroded, burnt skin sloughed off after a couple weeks. I was taking vicodin for the pain which helped a little bit.
Then came the itching again. No vagisil this time. I turned to Benadryl allergy pills instead. These have helped immensely! It took away the itch, and I have not had any problems since i have been using it. I feel almost normal again. I guess the moral of this story is not to use vagisil for more than a week, like it says on the tube. It was causing all the erosion. The doctors still don't know what originally caused this infection, so I still don't have a diagnosis. I just wanted to share my story with others, in case other women are having the same problems with Vagisil.
Post a Comment