Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Cheaper than Pills




I recently purchased the book "Apartment Therapy" to help during the transition to my new place.

So far I'm intrigued, but I can't really DO anything except plan until the end of July when I actually move.

The book is basically about flow, color, throwing things out and determining whether you're a slob or a neat freak, then coming to grips with that reality.

And you have to name your favorite actors, authors, designers, etc. I may list Elizabeth Taylor for all of them, just to keep it simple.

In my current apartment, I have a "bowling alley" flow which is sending energy straight through the apartment and out the back. No wonder I'm always fatigued.

For inspiration, the second picture is the living room of the other duplex next door including Venetian plaster walls. The layout is different, but the light will be the same in my place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Brenda, it's Justine Bateman. Do you rememnber that episode of "Family Ties" When I got a job at the sweet boutique, only to have my grades drop through the floor? Boy, that was a fun episode because it was all about me. I hope you remember that Alex came up with a plan to allow me to work AND improve my grades. Your new apartment is kind of like that. There will be some problems, and there will be some solutions. I'm not sure this book can provide all your solutions, but good luck.

Love, Justine.

p.s. You can have psychotherapy when your apartment therapy doesn't work out.